Your choice of career path requires you to meet specific health and safety standards as outlined by Ontario law. The Ontario government and the organizations offering you a placement have mandated specific medical and non-medical requirements that must be met by you, before you can begin your first work term placement. These measures are there to protect you, your co-workers and those that you will serve in your work placement.
The Requisite Program is the service approved by Mohawk College, that will review and validate that you have met these requirements. Our qualified and experienced Registered Nurse will meet with you face-to-face to review your Pre-placement Health Form and required documents to determine if you have been cleared for your placement.
For more information go to:
Mohawk College Pre-Placement Information
**Important Notices for All Students**
- There is no charge to Mohawk College students for the initial pre-placement visit with ParaMed.
- Students are responsible for payment of any follow-up visits in addition to missed visits or cancelled visits without 24 hours notice, mask fitting appointments, flu vaccination and photocopying costs if required.
- Due to the high volume of student bookings, there is a strict No Walk-In policy. This is to ensure that students who have booked their appointments online are seen at their scheduled time.
- Appointments may only be made online through this site.
- Appointments may be cancelled on-line within 24 hours of their start time. Short notice cancellations must be phoned into ParaMed at 905-318-8522/1-800-815-6396. Failure to provide 24 hours notice will result in a missed appointment fee.
- Once you have seen the ParaMed Requisite Nurse, please allow 48 hours for the data to be entered into the website.
- Remember to bring your Immunization Record and/or yellow card with you to your appointment along with all other required documents.
- Staff are not available during the lunch hour (12:00-1:00)
- You are required to bring 2 copies of all documents and certificates; your original AND a photocopy to your appointment at ParaMed.
- Before you go to your appointment, make sure you have reviewed the FAQ's on your college website: www.mohawkcollege.ca/paramed
- Need more Requisite information...Visit our FAQ's link on this page.
How much will this cost?
- Follow-up Appointment required: $22.26
- Missed or cancelled appointments without 24 hours notice: $48.42
- Mask Fitting: $38.70
- Flu Shot: $13.55
- Photocopies $3.00
- Rates effective Nov 1, 2012 and include HST where applicable.
How to Book An Appointment?
For all first time users:
Before you can create an account to book an appointment online with the Requisite Nurse, please make sure
that you have completed the following requirements:
- Registered to your course or program with a valid Student ID.
- Paid your tuition in full or have had your tuition fees deferred by the college.
- Reviewed and forwarded the Release of Student Information form to the College.
- Completed all requirements on your Pre-Placement Health Form.
Once you have completed all of the above requirements, you may create an account (Create Account)
and follow the step-by-step instructions to book an appointment on-line with a Requisite Nurse.
You can log in any time to view the status of your pre-placement information.
If you are having problems setting up an account, please contact:
ParaMed IT HelpDesk (Website Account/Support Inquiries)
1-866-289-8784 (Mon-Fri Hrs: 8:00am-5:30pm)
Where Do I Go For My Appointment?
Book a visit at the following Requisite location...
883 Upper Wentworth Street, Suite 301, Hamilton, ON - L9A 4Y6
-or- Tel: 905-540-4247 x 26803
(Mon-Fri Hrs: 9:00am-4:00pm)
Requisite ParaMed - Registered Nurse
(Hours of Operation)
ParaMed IT HelpDesk
(Website Account/Support Inquiries)
(Mon-Fri Hrs: 8:00am-5:30pm)
ParaMed Home Health Care has been providing exceptional-quality health care and support services in Canadian homes, hospitals, assisted living centres, long-term care centres, schools
and offices - 24 hours a day, seven days a week since 1974. We currently operate 22 home care centres in communities across Ontario. ParaMed has achieved accreditation status through Accreditation Canada.
For more information on ParaMed, please visit our website @ www.paramed.com